Job Description – TEACHERS
- To teach English in different settings such as grammar classes and daily workshops focused on a specific skill or interest. Materials and guidelines are provided, but we strongly recommend to prepare/bring your own teaching materials to the camp.
- To participate in other camp running activities such as students wake-up, mealtimes, shower times, breaks and night guards on a rota basis. Also to participate in evening activities.
- To prepare and accompany students on the trip.
- To attend daily meetings at the camp with camp staff and the director of the camp.
- To speak in English with the campers at all times to facilitate their learning and allow language immersion – a dedication to their learning and their camp experience.
- To display an appropriate behaviour at all times as role models (including a commitment not to smoke, drink alcohol or use illegal substances within or under the influence of while in the camp).
- To undertake responsibly any other activities that the director of the camp might trust you with.
- Please note that we have traditional camps in nature settings, but also more academic camps in urban settings. The hours of English class will depend on the program. You will be informed about the details of this particular once you have been allocated.
You will also need …
- To attend a one or two-day induction in Madrid or in the camp place to meet your colleagues and familiarise yourself with the programmes.
- To produce a concise and comprehensive report at the end of the camp session.
- Studying towards a University degree or equivalent TEFL and relevant working experience as a teacher of English or other modern language.
- Some teaching or working experience with children (on paid or voluntary basis).
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills Basic IT skills.
- Being an EU citizen – English native speaker.
- Energy, initiative and a positive attitude
- Educated to degree level
- Experience in summer camps
- Ability to speak Spanish, although you may NOT use your Spanish to communicate with the campers
- Presentation and performance skills with large groups
- CRB checked
Conditions of employment
- Social security: You will be registered in the Spanish Social Security. As stated by law, Red Leaf will pay 40% on top of your salary to the Social Security.
- Shared accommodation in the camp during the camp sessions and mid-camp preparation days (should the camp schedule allow).
- Travel cost (Camp-Madrid, Madrid-Camp).
- Food: breakfast, lunch, dinner and a mid-afternoon snack each day of camp.
- The opportunity to spend part of your time in a camp environment in Spain
- Participation in camp activities and sightseeing trip.
- The opportunity to gain experience in the fields of education and leisure
- The opportunity to enhance and apply your skills in the areas of leadership, organization, creativity, communication, and more within a unique, practical setting
- The opportunity to make business connections and work with Red Leaf, an international company
- The chance to have fun with young people and your camp team!!
The above particulars are intended as a general guide to the duties of the post and the conditions of service. They do not constitute a contract of employment. The successful applicants will, however, sign a contract where these conditions and expectations will be included.
Approx. salary: 1.200 € gross /month.
Send your application form [email protected]